A Braid Brushing Machine? Of course!
We say “of course” somewhat tongue-in-cheek because most people have never heard of Braid Brushing machines.
Quality stems from repeatability which is derived through consistency of both material and process and there are several areas within the cable assembly industry where process consistency can make, or break, the overall quality of the end product. One such area is in managing braid on shielded cables.
Whether the braid is to be removed, folded back or twisted it is essential to ensure that the fibres are not overworked, and therefore work-hardened and brittle and that the braid can be handled with minimal loss of strands.
Jacket removed and ready for braid brushing
Once the outer jacket has been stripped, the braid needs to be brushed out before any other operations can take place and here the BSB1005/B (BSB1005/D for 110VAC) and BSB1017 braid brushing machines from BÖWE Elektrik can help you.
After just a couple of seconds in the BSB 1005B
Whether long or short braid, forward or folded back you can be assured of highly consistent results.
Both products have a range of brush-head options to suit the density of the braid and the gauge of the strands to ensure repeatability and both machines offer both a forward operation mode (for brushing out the weave) and a reverse-mode operation for those applications that require the braid to be folded-back, perhaps for a shielding connection to a connector shell.
Minimal maintenance and fast operation help ensure a fast payback and ongoing returns on what is a relatively modest investment.
Following braid brushing with a Boew Elektrik BSB machine, the next step is to do one of the following:
- Used to de-merge braided cable shields prior to other braid processing
- Brush length up to 70mm (2.75″)(BSB 1005/B) or 220mm (8.7″)(BSB 1017)
- Cable diameter from 2 ∼ 20 mm (0.08″ ∼ 0.8″)
- Change of rotation direction on BSB1005/B (Brush-out / Fold-back)
- Assembly errors reduced
- Fast and simple brushes changes for using different cable types
- Higher yields with a reduced skill level
- Auto-start option
- Foot-switch option
- Suitable for both for low volume and large volume assembly
- Adjustable width and speed
- Reduced work-hardening of strands
- Dimensions: 440mm x 340mm (17.3″ x 13.4″)
- Weight: 14 kg (31lbs)
- Power connection: 110 – 230 V 50/60 Hz, 220W (110V optional on BSB 1005/B)
If you found this page interesting please share it with your friends and colleagues.